Monday, March 21, 2011

The Mission of The Faithful

Jesus states in Matthew 6:25-27:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

"How are we not to worry about the very things that sustain life?? The very idea that we wouldn't need to worry about food or drink is preposterous! Are these not things that we need to stay alive? But he also says not to worry about our lives. He must be speaking metaphorically here...life must be a metaphor for..eh..a game? Or maybe these verses are for the "Radical Christians"!? Yea! That's it! Those crazy ones who actually think that the Bible is Literal! Well, not me, I'm educated, I know the difference between right and wrong, I do mostly right, I pray a LOT and I read the bible every day. Ah, that's better, back to normal, in control and on track!"


Maybe that's a bit of an extreme thought process, but it is NOT unheard of. In fact, it is my belief that there are thousands, if not millions of Christians across the country who would agree with the idea that the last two sentences of the previous paragraph are the ends all meets all of life; not that they are wrong, and not that praying and reading the bible isn't good for us, in fact, it's great! Although they are good things, I can't quite shake the idea that maybe we are missing the bigger picture. The picture that God DOES actually want to provide for us...and not just in the little things of life...but in every way we can imagine! Do you disagree?


The reason for this blog is to make loud the audacious claims that the Lord makes if we allow Him to take control of our lives. I will share testimonies of the way in which the Lord is providing in the lives of my fiance and I, as well as others, if you out there wish to share. I believe that we can take the Lord at His word, lets see what we get when we actually do...

No comments:

Post a Comment